EBSA conference 2021 - Luxembourg (2020 postponed)
Information why we are postponing the EBSA conference until 27-30 April 2021
While there have been improvements across Europe with regard to the pandemic, the current situation remains fluid. In particular, whether our members will be able to freely travel within Europe (and from further afield), and what restrictions will be in place regarding hosting of events involving large numbers of people in September are still very unclear. In order to prevent the possibility of a last minute cancellation, which may cause significant cost to our members, and to allow participants at the conference and preconference courses to more reliably plan their schedules, Council has regretfully decided to reschedule the EBSA conference in Luxembourg to 2021.
The rescheduled conference will take place in the same venue in Belval, Luxembourg from 27-28 April 2021 (preconference courses) and 29-30 April 2021 (conference). Our aim is to keep most of the currently scheduled preconference courses and conference program, but there will inevitably be changes which will be communicated when confirmed. In addition, as a partial replacement for the 2020 conference, a number of online training courses will be organized end September / November [exact dates will be communicated as soon as available] , as well as a separate webinar covering issues relating to COVID-19.
Current registrations will remain valid for the event in 2021 (courses and conference) and guarantee that attendees will not be affected by any later change in cost.
In addition, EBSA would like to offer the following benefits:
- For participants that have registered and paid for the 2020 conference:
- Their ticket remains valid for the 2021 conference;
- They will get free access to the COVID online seminar that will take place end September / November [exact date will be communicated as soon as available].
- For all other members: they will get free access to the COVID online seminar too. Access details and password will be provided upon registration.
- Non-members can get access to the COVID online seminar for a registration fee of €100,-. Access details and password will be provided upon registration and payment of the registration fee.
- For participants that have already registered and paid for one or more of the Luxembourg pre-conference courses:
- Their ticket remains valid for the 2021 pre-conference courses program and they are free to use that ticket on any of the courses offered representing an equivalent value, even if the cost of the rescheduled event is greater;
- They will get free access to one of the online training courses that will be offered end September / November [exact dates will be communicated as soon as available].
- The online training courses that will be offered this autumn will also be open to members and non-members that had not yet registered for Luxembourg. The registration fee will be €100 per online training.
More information on the exact dates of the COVID online seminar and the online training courses will be communicated as soon as we have the final details.
Persons who would not like to continue their registration to 2021 despite these benefits will be reimbursed on demand – please contact the EBSA Secretariat.
We hope to see you all next year in Luxembourg. For the time being, all new registrations will be invoiced as reduced price “early bird” tickets; availability of which will be closed when the current situation becomes clearer; after this time the higher standard fees will be applicable.
Should you have any further questions concerning the conference, please feel free to contact us.